Etsy Mini

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coffee and a doughnut

So I am changing things up a bit, coffee and a doughnut will now be a floating weekly segment because this week I have been slacking on posting! I am a in home CNA for two different companies here in Oregon. My schedule went from a few hours a day to two 11hr days and the rest pretty much 8-5. So please be patient with me as I get my blog posting under control. 

So I have been gluten free now for about two months and I am loving it!! No more heart burn or tummy issues but I am craving things I can't have, badly. My biggest craving is for a flour tortilla nothing else but that. When I was little my father would "grill" them on a stove burner and then put butter and salt on it, roll it up and there you have a perfect little tortilla snack. He learned it from some of his latino coworkers a long time ago. Anyway that seems to be my biggest craving and it sucks! But I am grateful for the other benefits I getting from changing my eating habits. I love all the fruits and vegetables I am getting to eat, I can say it is more than I have ever eaten before. My husband is doing it along with me so that it is easier to cook one meal for two instead of two different meals for two. It has inspired him so much that in a months time we are purchasing bikes and leaving the cars at home. We will be riding everywhere, work, friends, possibly even the grocery store. I look forward to what the future holds for my health. Is anyone else out there gluten free? What are some of your biggest challenges? 

Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment